Just like its name suggests, urine drug testing procedures checks the urine for any traces of substance abuse.
The procedure is quick and painless, as it simply requires you to provide your urine as a sample for it. Using this sample, your urine can be tested for alcohol, cocaine, amphetamines, marijuana, opioids (narcotics), PCP, and benzodiazepines. If you are required to take a drug screen by a potential employer or for any other reason, it’s important that you know what to expect from the procedure.
Types of Urine Drug Tests
Today, there are two different types of urine drug tests. Immunoassay is the first test type. It is a cost effective drug test that yields results quickly. There are, however, drawbacks to using this type of urine test. This is because the test sometimes gives out a false positive result, wherein the test brings a positive result for drugs even though the person is not taking any drugs. Once the drug test comes out positive but you deny using any drugs, you’ll be required to take the second urine drug test type known as gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS). The second test makes use of the same urine specimen as the first test type. However, these tests are usually more expensive and could take a longer time to produce results. The plus side though is that they rarely give out any false positives.
How to take a urine test for marijuana
No matter what drug you’re testing for, the process in a urine drug test kit is usually the same. Since these test kits may be used at home, you can take the test anywhere you’re comfortable or most convenient in, such as a doctor’s clinic, hospital, workplace, or even your own home. The following tests are to be followed:
- You will receive a specimen cup from the person administering the test
- You will have to leave behind your belongings in another room as you take the test. There are some instances wherein you may be required to change into a hospital gown so you can easily take the test.
- To make sure that you don’t try to skew the test results, a nurse or a technician may accompany you into the bathroom.
- Before starting, make sure to clean your genital area with the provided moist cloth.
- Start urinating into the toilet, as you would normally do.
- While you are urinating, make sure to catch sample into the cup midstream. Don’t let the cup touch your genital area.
- When done, put a lid on the cup. Bring it to the technician so it can be processed.
Test resultsOnce you have supplied your specimen sample, the technician or nurse will inform you of when your test results will be available. With the use of an Immunoassay test, you should be able to get your results right away. In the event that your test results to positive for illegal drugs you haven’t taken, make sure you request for a GC/MS test right away.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Devin_Yirka/2368344
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9608562